To me, there is no better refresher than homemade lemonade and this recipe for How to Make Lemonade from Scratch will demonstrate just how easy and quick it is to make this delicious beverage.
Ice cold on a hot summer day, it absolutely hits the spot as a tasty cooler. Being citrus, lemons provide all kinds of essential nutrients beneficial to good health as well as being good for your immune system.
My mom would sometimes make hot lemonade, sweetened with brown sugar when I had a cold or sore throat and that was quite comforting, plus I’m sure the vitamin C in the lemons was a benefit too. This was a remedy passed down from my grandmother.
Lemonade is also used as a mixer with alcoholic cocktails giving a zesty lift to any drink. All the lemon zest from the lemons used for making lemonade can be retained and dried and incorporated into dredging mixes and rubs for meats and seafood, as flavorings and various garnishes. I keep dried lemon zest on hand at all times in my spice cupboard. I keep lime zest for similar uses.
How To Make Lemonade From Scratch:
When preparing my lemons, I roll the lemons on a hard surface to get the juices flowing before squeezing.
Make sure to remove all seeds. If you don’t like citrus pulp in your lemonade, you can strain the lemon juice but at our house we really like the pulp included because it is full of flavor, so this recipe includes the pulp.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: 1 gallon
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie:
- juice of 3 lemons – including pulp
- juice of 1 lime – * optional, including pulp
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 gallon cold water
- Into a large pitcher, measure 1 gallon of cold water, 1 cup of sugar and fresh squeezed lemon and if desired, add the lime juice.
- Stir mixture and taste. If not sweet enough for you, add in the rest of the sugar or more if you like it even sweeter.
- Stir again and keep refrigerated.
What could be easier or faster or more delicious? You will be please to have tried this recipe for Lemonade from Scratch.
I hope you enjoy this Lemon Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Homemade Lemonade + Video
- How to Make Kimberly’s Hot Lemonade
- How to Make Lavender Lemonade + Video
- How to Make Holiday Cranberry Spiced Lemonade
- How to Make Grapefruit Lemonade + Video