Wow, November 9th is Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day!
I’ve really had to think about this one…I came up with a great recipe to fit the bill.
A Hot & Spicy Toddy is up on today’s menu – great for an after-skiing or after-tobogganing drink.
How to Make Hot & Spicy Toddies:
If you want to be even more bold, try adding a tiny grind of red chili flakes to kick this up to another level of hot, spiciness.
Type: Alcoholic Beverage
Serve with: a slice of lemon studded with 1 -2 whole cloves & a cinnamon stick
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 – 10 min
- 3 1/2 oz rum, whiskey or brandy
- 2 tsp fine sugar – 1 tsp per mug
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks – 1 per mug
- 2 tsp butter – 1 per mug
- 2 lemon slices – for garnish
- 2 – 4 whole cloves – for garnish
- Into large mugs or heat-able steins, pour rum, whiskey or brandy. Add sugar, honey, lemon juice & cinnamon sticks to each mug.
- Fill the mug or stein with very hot water. * Tip: I like to use 1/2 hot water & half apple cider.
- Add in up to 1 tsp butter into each mug.
- Garnish with a lemon slice studded with 1 – 2 whole cloves for each mug.
We will stay hot & spicy with these toddies on Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Holiday Drink Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Kimberly’s Hot Lemonade
- How to Make Hot Mulled Apple Cider Punch
- How to Make Great Applesauce: It’s National Apple Month
- How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Make Perfect Hot Toddies in Style!