I just LOVE these innovative NewWave Caffe Mugs! I just purchased some cups with saucers for my mother a few weeks back!
They just totally struck my fancy!
Not only do I like this Mug’s style, I really want to get some of the Latte Macciato mugs for myself…They’re made of clear glass! Just gorgeous!
Not only would they be beautiful to serve delicious lattes, but how about summer berries with cream, or homemade French fries with amazing dips on the beautiful “saucer” to make it look like a painter’s palette?
I want to share with you a favorite drink of mine, especially during the end of summer on those cooler nights, and especially away at the cottage or camping…
The Perfect Hot Toddy
The hot toddy is a hot, mixed, alcoholic beverage believed to have originated in Scotland. Perfect to drink on wet, cooler evenings before going to bed.
Serve With: Cinnamon stick
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 1.5 min
Yield: 1 mug
Mulled Apple Cider
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 shot rum
1 spot butter
1 dash nutmeg
1 cinnamon stick
1. Either in individual mugs or in a small pot, heat mulled apple cider, honey, brown sugar and spices until hot on medium low heat, or in microwave for 1.5 min.
2. Add shot of rum and spot of butter.
3. Serve with cinnamon stick in a gorgeous mug.
4. Enjoy by a campfire under the stars!
Variations of the recipe include using either brandy or whiskey in the place of the rum, and you could also use cloves if desired.
My parents had always enjoyed hot toddies while we were away at the cottage “Up North” in Ontario. It reminds me of those days every time I have a hot toddy.
My mom also says it helps with sore throats!
Check out the NewWave Caffe, and it’s sister pattern NewWave Dinnerware, and get your own exciting and stylish set! NOW 50% OFF THRU END OF AUGUST.
I hope you enjoyed this Scottish Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Let us know how you make your perfect hot toddy by Commenting in the Comment Box Below!
[tags]mugs, NewWave Caffe, Villeroy & Boch’s, hot toddy, Scottish recipe, alcoholic beverage, mixed drink, hot beverage[/tags]
- How to Make Hot & Spicy Toddies: Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day
- How to Make a Tropical Chocolate Dreamsicle
- How to Make Kimberly’s Panama-Nog
- National Hot Mulled Cider Day: The Fall Is Here
- How to Make Horchata for all Occasions