Doesn’t that just sound like one of the most comfy, cozy of moments? Maybe warmed by a fire in the Fall or Winter…
What a better way to start your evening upon returning home from your day to a hot mug of cider, and shake off your cares of the world.
OR wouldn’t it be wonderful if upon arrival to a dinner party, you are greeted with a cuppa of this warmed delight…Whetting your appetite for a hearty meal of stew or or roast beef?
A favorite beverage of mine.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Serve with: cinnamon sticks, thin slice apple, alcohol
Prep Time: 15 min
Serves: 12 guests
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3 apples
- cinnamon sticks – optional
- thin slices fresh apple – perhaps a Cortland or a Spy variety
- lemon juice – to lightly coat apple slices for garnish
- alcohol – optional; light or dark rum recommended
- Heat the apple cider in a pot on your stove top.
- Serve in a large punch bowl with a few apples studded with some cloves & peppercorns, as well as some lone cinnamon sticks left to float in the bowl.
- Each little cup of spiced goodness garnished simply with a thin slice of fresh Fall apple lightly coated with lemon juice to keep them from browning. * Tip: Try dipping these apple slices in a cinnamon sugar combination and garnish. Ooh, la la!
Place the punch bowl amid an armful of Fall flowers like asters, chrysanthemums, straw flowers or even sunflower…very Fall-esque!
Beautiful to look at, and so hearty & delicious to drink.
Hot Spiced Lemonade:
Hot Lemonade spiced in similar fashion is always a hit too, and keeps everyone warm & agreeable.
Watch the video below to see Kimberly’s Cranberry Spiced Hot Lemonade:
I hope you enjoy this Holiday Drink Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Hot & Spicy Toddies: Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day
- National Hot Mulled Cider Day: The Fall Is Here
- How to Make Great Applesauce: It’s National Apple Month
- How to Make Kimberly’s Hot Lemonade
- A National Apple Betty Day Recipe