Cream Cheese & Anchovy Stuffed Pickled Red Cherry Peppers are not only festive for Victoria Day, but tasty too!
Cream Cheese & Anchovy Stuffed Pickled Red Cherry Peppers:
Those of us who enjoy the combination of mellow cream cheese, anchovies and hot peppers, find this appetizer or snack to be the epitome of delicious.
It is easy to find the hot pickled cherry peppers at the supermarket, but if you pickle and preserve your own peppers, so much the better, as the flavor is much increased.
In my opinion, when you combine the cream cheese with anchovies, the taste is superb, but if you do not particularly like anchovies, it is easy to just omit the anchovies.
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Yields: 10 hors d’oeuvres
- about 10 pickled hot cherry peppers
- 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese
- 1 tin of anchovies
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley – minced
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of onion powder
- potato chips and/or a selection of crackers
- Remove the stem and seeds from the hot cherry peppers. Dab dry and set aside.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften, sprinkle with the minced parsley, garlic and onion powders and mash together thoroughly.
- Using a teaspoon, place a spoonful of cream cheese into each hot cherry pepper.
- Place 1 or 2 anchovies into the cherry pepper, on top of the cream cheese.
- Transfer peppers to a serving tray and surround the peppers with potato chips of your choice and a selection of crackers.
These peppers make a great snack to serve with beer or white wine, but that is up to the individual preference.
I hope you enjoy Cream Cheese & Anchovy Stuffed Pickled Red Cherry Peppers as much as our family does.
- How to Make Green & Red Pepper Jelly Cream Cheese Spread
- How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes: Easter Surprises
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Hot Cherry Peppers at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- How to Grill Brie with Roasted Red Pepper Jelly: Victoria Day Recipes
- How to Make Maple Brie Spread