Quick & Easy Fried Pitas are a staple in our household served alongside meals, as an appetizer or a snack!
These Fried Pitas are so quick and easy when unexpected guests arrive at your doorstep…Always have pitas on hand!
Quick & Easy Fried Pitas:
In a pinch, you can also fry naan up the same way as these pitas, and they are a triumph just the same.
Cooking Show: How to Make Hummus from Heaven
Review Show: Wine Country Kitchens Cherry Tomato & Olive Tapenade
Type: Appetizer Recipe
- pitas – Greek style works best; use as many as you think you’ll need.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil – enough to barely coat pitas
- light sprinkling garlic powder
- Heat large frying pan to medium heat with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Coat pita(s) front and back with olive oil and a light sprinkling of garlic powder.
- Pan fry each pita for about 2 min/side.
- Cut into 6 pieces per pita by making 3 cuts, and serve with olives, capers and feta cheese.
- Enjoy this quick & easy appetizer!
I especially love when my mother makes these…It’s like sandwiches…always better when someone else makes them for you!
Cooking Show: Chili Dogs in a Pita
Cooking Show: How to Make a Large Pita Pizza
Quick & Easy Fried Pitas are the perfect midnight snack & are surprisingly tasty, even when they’re cold.
- How to Bake Classic Pita Pizzas
- How to Make Hummus from Heaven
- 6 Tasty Pizza Ideas for National Pizza Festival Month
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Crab Melt Pita Pizza
- How to Cook Cream of Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup