If you’ve never tried anything like this on your grill, check out this recipe for How to Grill Stuffed Roasted Veal on the BBQ!
This is a perfect dish for a crowd and makes a beautiful presentation on such an occasion.
How to Grill Stuffed Roasted Veal on the BBQ:
You will need to have your butcher prepare the veal breast, so you can stuff it.
If you decide to brave it yourself, you need to making a horizontal slit, creating a pocket along the bones, between the bones and the meat and cut through the cartilage between the rib bones from under the breast, not the meat side, being careful not to cut into the meat.
This method will crack the bones, making it easier when carving the meat. You will need a pan that is, at the very least, 17 x 11 inches to hold the whole veal breast.
Type: Entrée Recipes
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 2 1/2 – 2 3/4 hrs
Yield: 10 – 12 servings
- one 10 – 12 lb whole veal breast
- 1/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups bread cubes – 1/2 inch, toasted, lightly packed
- 1 cup onion – finely chopped
- 1 cup celery – finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley – minced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage – minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- sprinkle of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced button mushrooms or wild mushrooms
- Prepare a bread stuffing by combining bread cubes, onions, mushrooms, minced parsley, sage, thyme, nutmeg, ground cloves, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper. Drizzle with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup chicken broth, and set aside.
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.
- Pat veal dry, brush with olive oil, and season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. In an even layer, fill the breast pocket with the prepared dressing.
- Place the veal in a roasting pan and cook uncovered, with the grill lid closed, for 20 min. Then, reduce the heat to 325 degrees F, and continue to roast uncovered for 2 1/4 – 2 3/4 hrs, or until the inside is no longer pink when you make a small incision near the bone. * Tip: The cooking time varies according to different barbeque grills.
- Remove the meat to a serving platter and let rest for 10 – 15 min.
- Meanwhile, skim the fat from the pan juices, reheat the juices and add 1 cup of white wine and 1 cup chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat, cooking until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Remove the stuffing and transfer it to a serving bowl. Slice the meat and spoon the sauce over the slices.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and baby spinach leaves.
This wonderful dish makes a beautiful presentation and having cooked on your barbeque, it full of the smokey flavors only obtained by using that outdoor flame.
Now you know How to Grill Stuffed Roasted Veal on the BBQ, and everyone will thank you on Father’s Day for this tasty meal.
- How to BBQ Leg of Lamb: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Cook Sentationally Stuffed Peppers with Chevre
- How to Cook Roasted Turkey Broth from Scratch + Video
- September is National Chicken Month
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Chicken + Video