…This recipe is embellished or “snazzed” up from our traditional recipe, but every bit as delicious!
~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: Sour cream or plain yogurt
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lb lean Ground Beef
- 3 cups cooked Rice – I like using basmati or brown made with chicken stock.
- 4 large Peppers – You may use different colors, if you like.
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 6 Mushrooms – Thinly sliced; I use shiitake.
- 1/2 roll of Chevre – Goat cheese
- 1 can whole Tomatoes – Or you can slice fresh tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic – Finely minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Red Wine
- 4 tbsp Chicken Stock – Or water
- 1 tbsp fresh Parsley – Finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt – To taste
- Freshly cracked Black Pepper – To taste
- Sautee onions in 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat for 3 min, then add ground beef and cayenne pepper and brown. (Start cooking rice if you don’t already have it done.)
- Right before meat is finished browning, add garlic, mushrooms and parsley and continue until meat is finished. Drain excess oil from meat, if necessary.
- Combine beef mixture and rice in a bowl and set aside. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Carefully cut a circle around the stem of the peppers and remove without tearing the pepper. Remove seeds and any excess veins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange peppers in a deep casserole dish that’s been brushed with olive oil, with hole ends up.
- Stuff peppers full to the brim with rice and beef mixture and drizzle 1 tbsp red wine on each pepper.
- Top each pepper’s stuffing with 1/4″-1/2″ medallions of chevre and top with tomatoes to completely cover chevre. Adding some of the juice from the can of tomatoes works beautifully. Photo right: Before adding tomatoes (paprika sprinkled on chevre)
- Add chicken broth to casserole dish, cover casserole dish with loose tin foil and bake for 1 hr on 350 degrees or until peppers are soft testing with a knife.
- Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Beef Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]stuffed peppers, chevre, goat cheese, stuffed green peppers, main dish recipe, beef recipe, rice recipe, peppers, baked peppers[/tags]
- How to Cook ‘Perfect Taste’ Dry Rub Baked Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to Bake Goat Cheese & Walnut Soufflé
- How to Cook Grilled Beets Layered with Chevre: 4th of July Fare
- How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes: Easter Surprises
- National Chili Month Brings a Recipe You Will Love