Serve With: Ice cream
Prep Time: ~ 15 min
Cook Time: ~ 45 min
Yield: 1 cake
1. Melt 1/4 cup butter in desired pan (round tin works well).
2. Pour in 1/4 cup corn syrup & 3/4 cup brown sugar, and heat.
3. Arrange pineapple slices centered by cherries & pecans.
4. Remove from the stove, and while it is cooling, prepare cake batter.
5. Cream 1/2 cup butter and blend in sugar. Add beaten eggs.
6. Add milk alternately with dry ingredients.
7. Flavor with vanilla extract.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min.
* Tip: Length of baking time varies – it depends upon the size of the pan you use.
Caramel Syrup (to pour over the cake):
9. Scorch 1 cup brown sugar, 1 heaping tbsp flour, 1 heating tbsp butter, and 1 1/2 tbsp corn syrup.
10. Add 1 cup boiling water (or pineapple syrup/juice) and boil mixture until it is smooth.
* Tip: If you think it is still too thick, just add some more water or pineapple syrup/juice.
11. Put the serving plate on top of cake once cooled. Flip upside-down and remove pan from cake.
12. Pour syrup on prior to serving or after cutting the cake and pour on individual servings.
13. Serve with ice cream or all by itself & Enjoy!
- How to Bake Pineapple Upside-Down Cake: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Grill Pineapple Dessert: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake: National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
- How to Bake Sponge Cake: National Boston Cream Pie Day