We hold on to our “favorites” or “trusty rusty” recipes that are tried and true.
But don’t forget about a little bit of breakfast adventure.
I made a mushroom, green bean & cheese frittata for breakfast, and it was so delicious, it was gone so quickly!
You will enjoy this recipe and look like a Champion in Your Kitchen.
It’s not only a great breakfast recipe, but a fantastic brunch recipe too!
Serve With: Salsa or ketchup on the side, if desired.
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: serves 3
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 dozen mushrooms – sliced
- 4 fresh green beans – washed, trimmed and cut
- 1/2 carrot – washed, peeled, shredded or grated
- 40 grams sharp cheddar cheese – 1/4″ chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Preheat a medium sized frying pan that’s oven safe over medium low heat with butter. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Wash, trim, cut and prepare all vegetables.
- Start by pan sauteing green beans, then mushrooms, then shredded carrots in butter and allow to soften up for about 4-5 mins.
- In the meantime, in a medium sized mixing bowl, crack eggs and be sure no shells fell in. Add spices, and whisk for 2 mins by hand until very frothy.
- Add egg mixture to frying pan. Add sharp cheddar cheese in 1/4″ chunks and stir in. Allow to cook and then scrape and move the egg from the bottom to another part of the pan, just as you would with scrambled eggs. Do this for a few minutes to cook the egg somewhat through.
- Once it’s starting to set in the pan, place oven safe frying pan into oven and allow to gently cook for approximately 7 minutes. You may see that it’s partially still wet egg on the top. Turn Broil function on oven to Low and set for 3-4 minutes or until the egg is set and slightly starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving warm.
I hope you enjoy this Mushroom Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Pepper, Ham & Cheese Omelet
- How to Cook Scrambled Eggs a la Kimberly
- How to Cook Green Beans with Buerre Brun Sauce on the Stove
- How to Bake Classic Pita Pizzas
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter + Video