What could be more comforting than a delicious Beef Pot Roast for dinner?
How to Cook Beef Pot Roast:
This is an easy way to cook a roast of beef, that keeps it moist & juicy, but gives you a lovely caramelized flavor from first searing the roast on all sides.
Type: Entreé Recipe
- boneless roast of beef
- 1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper – to taste
- sprinkle cayenne pepper
- olive, canola or vegetable oil
- vegetables – diced; carrots, parsnips, celery, turnip, onion, sweet potato, as desired
- 1 1/2 cups broth, wine, beer or water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 small knob fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Using a boneless roast, dredge meat with 1/2 cup flour & season with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper.
- Brown on all sides in a Dutch oven – about 20 min. * Tip: Do not scorch.
- Remove meat to a plate to reserve, if there is a great deal of fat rendered. Remove all fat, except for 3 tbsp.
- Add to fat, desired diced vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, celery, turnip, onion or sweet potato & stir until lightly browned & coated with fat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups broth, wine, beer or water.
- Return meat to Dutch oven along with bay leaf, thyme & ginger.
- Cook on the stove top on a low setting, so the liquid simmers. Turn meat every 25 min until tender – about 1 1/2 – 2 hrs, or longer until the meat is very tender, adding more liquid, as needed.
- Remove meat to a serving platter.
- Strain veggies out of the pan juices.
- Cook pan juices with 1 1/2 tbsp flour and butter until the gravy thickens. * Tip: Add more liquid, if needed.
Serve this Beef Pot Roast with gravy & mashed potatoes!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Fantastic Beef Stew
- How to Bake Turkey Pot Pie
- How to Cook Irish Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Meatballs & Gravy
- How to Cook Hearty Salmon Chowder