It’s the Holiday season & we’re still celebrating with this gorgeous Hickory Smoked Ham Shank!
Don’t be afraid of these large cuts of meat. They may take a while to cook to your liking, but hams are easy to cook.
Now, don’t just think it has to be a Holiday to cook ham…this is a great dish to make on a weekend, and then use the leftover ham during the week! A really tasty time saver for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
How to Cook Hickory Smoked Ham Shank:
Although this particular ham is fully cooked, as indicated on the label, we prefer to boil these hams to tenderize the texture of the meat, and impart more flavor.
Type: Entrée Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 hickory smoked ham shank
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 black tea bag
- 12 peppercorns
- 1/4 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- water – to cover ham in pot
- Place ham into a large stock pot.
- Add spices – bay leaves, mustard seeds, whole cloves, peppercorns & a tea bag.
- Pour water into pot to cover ham completely.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 1 – 2 hrs, removing the tea bag after about 10 or 15 minutes of simmering in the pot.
- Remove ham from pot & carve to serve with dinner, hot or cold.
Surely, you will love this delicious Hickory Smoked Ham too!
I hope you enjoy this Ham Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Napa Valley Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Ham + Video
- How to Cook Lobster at Home
- How to BBQ Pork Ribs + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly
- How to Cook Split Pea Soup: National Split Pea Soup Week
- How to Cook Easy Duck Stock