Lobster is a staple in our home for special occasions like Birthdays, Anniversaries & New Year’s Eve Dinner!
My all-time favorite way to cook lobster is boil it whole. Don’t mess with the amazing taste of lobster all on it’s own!
Type: Seafood Recipe
Serve With: Melted garlic butter & lemon wedges
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: Approximately 15 minutes
Yield: 1 lobster per person
- 1 whole live lobster
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- lemon wedges – to serve
- melted butter – to serve
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil with peppercorns & bay leaves.
- Carefully put lobsters into boiling water, cover with lid and bring back to a boil.
- Once it comes back to a boil, boil for an additional 10 minutes until lobsters are bright red in color and you can determine if the front leg is loose enough that it seems it can be jiggled off easily.
- Snip of elastics off claws and serve on a platter.
- Enjoy dipped into melted butter and lemon wedges.
* Tip: You will need lots of paper towels and a large bowl for shells to discard.
I hope you enjoy this New Year’s Eve Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Eat Deliciously & Happy New Year!
P.S. Be sure to visit the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]lobster, boiled lobster, how to cook lobster, how to cook lobster at home, how to cook live lobster, seafood recipe, New Year’s Eve recipe, New Year’s recipe, special occasion recipe[/tags]
- Seafood for New Year’s
- How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Escargots Quickly
- How to Make Crab & Lobster Salad
- How to Make Cocktail Sauce for Seafood