I use a whole wheat flour base instead of all-purpose flour, and add some nutritious ingredients that get “hidden” so that your family won’t even know they’re healthier for them! LOL
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-22 mins
Yield: 12 large muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp wheat germ – Tip: I store mine in the freezer to keep it fresh!
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – Tip: I store them in the freezer too!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shelled peanuts – * optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water – or room temperature tea
- 1/4 cup peanut oil – You may use vegetable oil if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – smooth or chunky
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flax seeds, baking powder baking soda, cocoa powder and peanuts.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, peanut butter, water, sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Love baking Quick Breads? Check out this fabulous cookbook:
[tags]chocolate recipe, peanut butter recipe, banana recipe, banana muffin recipe, chocolate muffin recipe, peanut butter muffin recipe, chocolate peanut butter recipe, peanut butter banana recipe, chocolate banana recipe, muffin recipe[/tags]
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread