…it’s one you bust out of your repertoire when you’re in a serious pinch or had forgotten to make a sauce for a fabulous dessert altogether!
Keep this in the back of your mind forever…it will save you!
Type: Dessert Sauce
Serve With: Desserts, ice cream, pancakes, fruit
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Yield: approximately 2 cups
- 2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together cream and brown sugar until brown sugar is dissolved.
- You may heat this mixture up in the microwave for 1 minute in a microwaveable bowl or put this into a small saucepan on the stove until it’s heated through.
* Tip: Heating this mixture will make it easier to dissolve the brown sugar into the cream.
* Note: You may also add flavorings to this cream sauce to make it more interesting or complex, such as spices, extracts or liqueurs.
Voila! You have a quick cream sauce that will be perfect for just about any dessert.
I hope you enjoyed this Dessert Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]cream sauce recipe, easy cream sauce recipe, cream sauce for dessert, fast cream sauce, sweet cream sauce, easy sweet cream sauce, dessert cream sauce, dessert sauce recipe, dessert sauce[/tags]
- How to Make Easy Coconut Lime Cream Sauce for Desserts
- How to Bake Sweet Potato Chai Bread Pudding
- How to Make Easy Coconut Cream Sauce for Dessert
- How to Make Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: National Sundae Day
- How to Make White Chocolate Mousse with Toasted Almonds