This recipe is reminiscent of my grandmother’s comfort food…She would make this for Easter! Yum! ~ Kimberly Edwards ;D
Serve With: Easter feast
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1.25 hrs + 5 min
Nutrition Facts: * Please use organic ingredients whenever possible!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean and trim green beans.
* Tip: Do not chop beans…
3. Clean & finely dice onions, chop peppers.
4. Butter an appropriate sized casserole dish.
5. Arrange alternate layers of beans (lengthwise), onions and peppers.
* Tip: Begin & end with a layer of beans.
6. Sprinkle each layer with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, paprika and 1 tbsp slivered almonds. Dot each layer with butter.
7. Bake covered for about 1.25 hrs or until beans are tender.
8. Prior to serving, garnish with a few slivered or sliced almonds, buttered bread crumbs and heavy cream and broil in oven for 5 min or until golden brown.
9. Serve with a wonderful meal & Enjoy!
Nothing like green bean casserole for a huge Easter feast! I prefer it without almonds myself, but everyone in my family loves the nuts in it!
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards ;D
P.S. Do you need baking dishes? These are great:
[tags]green bean, beans, Easter recipe, green bean casserole, casserole, side dish, vegetarian recipe, baking dishes[/tags]
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter + Video
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to Cook Green Beans with Buerre Brun Sauce on the Stove
- How to Bake Incredible Breakfast Pie
- How to Cook Bubble & Squeak: Cabbage, Bacon & Potato Casserole + Video