Serve With: Easter feast
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: ~ 1.25 hrs
Yield: 1 casserole
Nutrition Facts: * Please use organic ingredients whenever possible.
1. Slice potatoes and onions. Dice carrots and chop parsley.
2. In a large jar with a tight lid, combine flour and cold milk. Shake well until all the clumps are gone and flour is incorporated.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Heat mixture gently in a small saucepan until smooth, but do not let it boil.
5. Butter an appropriate sized casserole dish.
6. Assemble dish by alternating layers of potato slices and onion slices, then sprinkling carrots, pepper, salt and small cubes of butter. Also, pour some of the milk/flour mixture on top.
7. Continue alternating layers until all potatoes, onions and milk mixture is all used up.
8. Sprinkle paprika, cayenne and parsley on top of entire dish.
9. Place lid on top and bake for 35 min. Then remove lid & bake for 25-30 more min.
10. Replace lid and bake at 325 degrees until potatoes are all tender upon testing.
11. Serve with an amazing feast & Enjoy!
I love potatoes…I crave them…not many ways to eat a potato that I don’t like!
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards ;D
P.S. For more great Potato Recipes, check out this fabulous cookbook:
[tags]scalloped potatoes, potatoes, side dish, Easter recipe, vegetarian recipe, vegetables[/tags]
- How to Cook Stained Glass Potatoes
- How to Cook Bubble & Squeak: Cabbage, Bacon & Potato Casserole + Video
- How to Bake Turkey Pot Pie + Video
- How to Cook Linda’s Au Gratin Potatoes: National Potato Day
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes