How to Make Kimberly’s Aloequila
I just love aloe vera. What an awesome plant. It can heal your wounds and sunburns, tastes wonderful, and is used for many other medicinal purposes. Now, let’s cook…well, mix it up!
“The lower leaf of the [aloe vera] plant is used for medicinal purpose. If the lower leaf is sliced open, the gel obtained can be applied on the affected area of the skin. Leaves and seeds are the two edible parts of Aloe Vera” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_vera, 2007).
Looking for another “festive” tropical-type alcoholic beverage to replace the usual margarita? I’ve got it just for you! I created it tonight, and it is my new favorite thing!
Serve With: Lime
Prep Time: 2 min
Yield: 1 delicious highball
1. Mix aloe vera juice, ginger ale, tequila and lime in a glass, and stir. You may even shake with ice.
2. Serve with a squeeze of lime (lime wedge) over the rocks, or straight up!
Well…….We are using Aloe Vera!!! LOL
This is so delicious…I love it! Yummy…Not too sweet and tastes like it’s from just over the border! Mmmmmm!
P.S. I have tried this kind of aloe juice before, and quite like it…It has chunky aloe gel pieces in it…I love that!!! Try it out for yourself:
- My New Favorite Cold Beverage: Alo Exposed Review
- How to Make a Green Geisha
- How to Make ‘That’s Chelada’ – aka Buddy Mary
- How to Cook Curried Mussels
- How to Make Sour Cherry n’ Ale Cocktail