This recipe for How To Roast Duck is quite straight forward and can make any meal a celebration.
How to Roast Duck with Savory Fruit Stuffing:
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Roast Time: 5 min + 21 min/lb
Rest Time: 12 – 15 min
Yield: serves 4
- one 5 – 7 lb duck
- 1/2 tsp each of pepper & salt
- 1 tsp + sprinkle all over duck of paprika
- 1 apple – firm, peeled, seeded & sliced
- 1/2 apple – seeds removed
- 6 pitted prunes – cut into quarters
- 1 cup sausage – sauteed, browned, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fine cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup celery – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp onion – minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- dash cayenne pepper
- Rinse duck, drain and pat dry. Rub inside with salt. Remove any large pieces of fat from inside duck cavity.
- In a saute pan, brown sausage. Crumble sausage and drain fat off.
- For the stuffing, in a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, sausage, 1 apple, prunes, celery, onion & paprika.
- Fill duck with stuffing and cover cavity opening with half an apple.
- Rub exterior of duck with garlic cloves and sprnkle with paprika, salt & pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a roasting pan, roast duck in 425 degree F oven for 5 min. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and roast for 21 min to the pound for a stuffed duck. The duck is done when the temperature in the thigh reaches 180 degrees F and juices run clear when meat is pierced.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest, lightly covered with aluminum foil for 12 – 15 minutes before carving.
After you’ve enjoyed the duck & the leftovers, if you have any, be sure to save the carcass for Easy Duck Stock:
Once you have learned How To Make Roast Duck you won’t hesitate to make it more often.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Duck Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- It’s National Pork Month: Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
- How to Roast Quail with Rice & Fruit Stuffing: Easter Surprises
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- A National Apple Betty Day Recipe
- How to Roast a Pheasant: National Roast Pheasant Day