Tried and true recipe for stuffing turkey, duck, goose, chicken, or any other bird you can throw at it…LOL! Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas! ~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: Poultry and Gravy
Prep Time: ~ 20 min
Cook Time: ~ 35 min + Cook time inside bird
Yield: Enough for a 14 lb turkey
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- In a large frying pan, sautee onions and pepper in butter until soft.
- Add celery and sautee until soft.
- Add seasonings and fresh herbs, mix thoroughly and sautee for an additional 1 min.
- Add 1/2 of the 1/2′ cubed bread into pan with onions mixture, mix thoroughly, and allow bread cubes to lightly toast. Put mixture into large bowl.
- Add rest of bread to pan and lightly toast. Add to bowl.
- It is ready for stuffing your bird. * Tip: To hold stuffing in your bird’s cavities, cut an apple in 1/2 and core it. Place flesh side in and push to seal cavities.
- Stuffing will be ready when your bird is ready, and bird’s juices will perfectly moisten stuffing. * Tip: Ensure you are roasting your poultry to the proper, safe temperature!
- Serve & Enjoy!
This method is tried and true…I hope you truly enjoy it!
I hope you enjoy this Side Dish recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
- How to Cook Fruit Dressing for Holiday Goose
- How to Brine a Whole Chicken
- How to Roast the Most Delicious Traditional Holiday Turkey
- How to Make Kimberly’s Ultimate Holiday Turkey Brine
- Start Defrosting Your Turkey Tonight