If you’re looking for something different & something healthy, then this Kiwi Quinoa Salad is one recipe you must try!
The lovely, fresh, green color of the fruit is disguised by a hairy, dull green exterior. When sliced, they are very pretty with the intricate, dark circle of seeds in the middle. They look like vibrant flowers!
When combined with other fruit, on a fruit tray or salad, they add a beautiful touch of contrasting color. When cooked, they turn an olive green color.
How to Make Kiwi Quinoa Salad with Shrimp:
I have a delicious salad made with quinoa & kiwi, combined with shrimp, which is great for any table spread.
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve with: Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Cool Time: 20 min
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 6 kiwis – peeled & sliced
- 8 radishes – sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 12 oz large shrimp – deveined & cooked
- 1 head lettuce – Romaine or butter; torn into bite sized pieces
- dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- To cook quinoa, stir it into the boiling stock or broth along with salt, pepper & cayenne pepper. Reduce to a simmer immediately & cover, cooking for about 15 – 18 min or until tender.
- Allow quinoa to stand, covered for about 20 min.
- In a bowl, stir together, quinoa, kiwis, radishes, scallions & cooked shrimp.
- Fill serving bowls or a platter with lettuce, and arrange other ingredients attractively on top.
- Pour half of your lemon vinaigrette dressing over the salad. * Tip: Serve the rest of the dressing in a small cup or creamer.
This colorful, flavorful salad will please the masses, and keep your body healthy too.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Kiwi Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing for Salad
- How to Cook Mexican Quinoa Salad + Video: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Shrimp Kebabs
- How to Make Napa Valley Cucumber Salad with Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing + Video
- How to Make Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette + Video