Easy Skewered Kebabs are a quick lunch idea that is healthy & tasty.
Easy Skewered Kebabs:
- Using 6 – 8 inch skewers is best.
- Wrap each one separately in plastic or foil wrap.
Type: Snack Recipe
Prep Time: 15 – 20 min
Yield: 3 fruit kebabs & 3 savory kebabs
How to Make Savory Skewers with Dip:
- 6 pieces of carrot – peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 pieces of broccoli – cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 pieces of red or green bell peppers – in bite-sized pieces
- 6 small or medium-sized mushrooms
- 6 pieces of cucumber – in bite-sized pieces
- 6 1-inch cubes of yellow cheddar cheese
- 6 1-inch cubes of mozzarella cheese or white cheddar
- 4 tbsp ranch dressing or cucumber dill salad dressing – or any other dressing the child likes
- Peel, slice & dice vegetables as you need to.
- For the veggies and cheese, alternate in any order you like – carrot, broccoli, pepper, mushroom, cheddar, mozzarella, cucumber until all veggies and cheese are used up.
- Package each kebab securely in plastic wrap.
- Place in the lunch box or bag along with the dip.
How to Make Fruit Skewers with Dip:
- 1 wedge slice of watermelon or firm cantaloupe – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 firm kiwis – quartered
- 1 apple – washed, quartered & seeds removed; each quarter cut in half
- 6 medium-sized strawberries – washed & hulled
- 2 slices of pineapple – cut into quarters
- 6 pieces of banana cut into 1 inch cubes cut
- 6 seedless grapes
- 4 tbsp cream cheese – softened
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Peel, slice or dice fruit into chunks, as required. Toss banana & apple in 1 tsp lemon juice to keep them from discoloring.
- Skewer fruits, alternating in any order you like – grape, melon, kiwi, apple, strawberry, pineapple, banana, and continue until the fruit is used up.
- Wrap each skewer securely in plastic wrap.
- For the dip, mix together and combine well, soft cream cheese, brown sugar, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, and place in a small, plastic container with a lid for dipping the fruit.
This lunch isn’t just for kids, I would be delighted to find that some kind soul made me such a lunch – and grown ups alike dipping their food too.
Try making these Easy Skewered Kebabs with Dip for a school lunch for your kids.
- How to Make Layered Salad with Granola & Crackers in a Jar: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Make Cucumber Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Make Pancake Sandwiches with Fruit & Stuffed Celery: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Make Macaroni Salad with Wheat Crackers & Cheese + Dessert Wrap: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Make Mozzarella Balls with Tomatoes & Hummus Wraps: School Lunch Ideas