Flavored vodka is something you can’t compare to anything else, and this Citrus Vodka is no exception.
After steeping in the refrigerator, the vodka is strained & returned to its original bottle.
If it is over-steeped, the result will be a bitter mixture. After steeping & straining, the flavored vodka can be stored in the freezer indefinitely.
How to Make Citrus Vodka:
- Tip: Mix & match. See what you have in season in your grocery store and experiment with those flavors.
Type: Alcohol Recipe
Serve with: ice
Prep Time: 8 min
Steep Time: 24 hr minimum
Yields: 750 ml vodka
- 750 ml bottle vodka
- peel of 1 orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit or other citrus fruit
- Wash & peel a piece of citrus fruit of your choice, and cut them into strips.
- Into the bottle of vodka, drop citrus peel.
- Stir & store for a minimum of a week, while it steeps.
- Strain & return flavored vodka to its bottle.
- Store flavored vodka for as long as you like in the freezer.
This is really delicious & gives a nice twang to vodka for cocktails, desserts, cooking or baking.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Citrus Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National Vodka Day & How to Make Black Pepper Vodka
- How to Make Candied Orange Peel Slivers + Video
- How to Cook Brandied Apricots
- How to Make a Harvey Wallbanger Cocktail: National Harvey Wallbanger Day
- Meal & Dessert Pairings for National Dessert Month