Kapow! You’ve found it! Here’s the recipe for how to make breakfast date pancakes with flax seeds.
Now, these dates are of the dried fruit variety, but I’m sure your “honey” you’re on a date with will love them too!
Flax seeds have omega-3 fatty acids, proven to be extremely healthy for you, as are dates; the benefits of which are too numerous to go over here in detail.
Enjoy these pancakes, that are super easy & super quick to make, with syrup or honey.
Serve With: Drizzle with Maple Syrup or Honey
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – or 1/4 cup whole wheat, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup soda water – or filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried dates – chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – just as a healthy kick
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t overmix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of butter into frying pan just to coat bottom.
- With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
I hope you enjoyed this Vegetarian Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Have you checked out the Cooking with Kimberly Store?
[tags]date pancakes, breakfast, breakfast date, breakfast pancakes, dried dates, dates, flax seeds, how to make pancakes, breakfast recipe, pancake recipe, vegetarian recipe, vegetarian breakfast[/tags]
- How to Cook Breakfast: Black Currant Pancakes
- How to Cook Sour Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes with Damson Plum Syrup
- How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Crepe-Cakes