This recipe for How to Cook Breaded Veal Cutlets is one that we enjoy for special meals and one that has a relatively short prep time.
How to Cook Breaded Veal Cutlets:
The veal has a delicate flavor and the meat is very tender.
Type: Entrée Recipe
- 6 veal cutlets – no bone
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 dashes cayenne powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 – 18 medium-sized mushrooms – half sliced in half + the other half left whole
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pat cutlets dry and slightly pound out each cutlet – enough to break any of the evident connective tissue and tenderize the veal.
- Dredge cutlets in a mixture of flour, bread crumbs, paprika, salt & pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- In large saute pan, fry each side of cutlets until golden brown. Set cutlets on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet with cutlets into oven and cook for 10 – 20 min. Check for doneness at the 10 min mark to determine how much longer they need to cook.
- In a medium-sized pan with heated butter, saute mushrooms on high heat until mushrooms brown slightly but don’t lose their size, moisture or shape. This should be very quick – about 3-4 min.
- Remove cutlets from oven and arrange cutlets on a large serving tray with mushrooms scattered around the cutlets.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Veal Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Chipotle Crusted Pork Chops + Video
- How to Cook Sweet Potato Sticks in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- How to Make Creamy Malibu Coconut Dipping Sauce
- How to Cook Vegetable Rice Stuffing for Poultry + Video