How to Cook Cream of Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
This hearty, creamy soup is just the ideal fall treat with fresh, crusty bread or fried pita on the side. It makes a wholesome, fresh, delicious and satisfying lunch or dinner meal. You will probably like it enough to serve it as an appetizer when you have guests over for dinner. It is fast, easy and healthy! You could also make it as a vegetarian recipe.
Enjoy! ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Serve With: Fresh, crusty bread or fried pita.
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: Should serve 4 people as appetizer, or 2 people for dinner
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Peel butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and onion, and scoop out of the squash seeds with a large spoon. Chop into 1′ chunks. Sprinkle with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, freshly grated nutmeg, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Combine these ingredients in a small roasting pan or oven proof dish, and roast at 375 F for 15 min, then reduce temperature to 335 F, and continue to roast until fork tender (~ 55 min).
4. 10 min before finishing roasting, sprinkle brown sugar over vegetables.
5. Combine roasted vegetables, chicken stock, and butter in a large soup pot, and use a hand blender to blend it to the consistency you desire. Add heavy cream and stir.
* Tip: If you like chunks in your soup, blend it less. If you like it completely smooth, blend it completely.
* Tip: Use a standing blender if you don’t have a hand blender.
6. Heat soup until it is the temperature you desire (~ 5-8 min) and drop a cinnamon stick in soup pot during this time.
7. Take out cinnamon stick, and season with sea salt & pepper to taste.
8. Garnish with dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche, a nasturtium flower and a cinnamon stick. Beautiful!!!
9. Serve with crusty bread or fried pitas, and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed today’s installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. Have you been looking for Organic Cinnamon Sticks? They are great for cooking, decorating and potpourri! Show everyone your gourmet-ness:
[tags]squash, sweet potato, soup, butternut squash, winter soup, fall soup, soup recipe, vegetarian recipe, soups[/tags]
- How to Cook Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup with Extra Sharp Cheddar
- How to Cook Cream of Roasted Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup + Video
- How to Cook Healthier Cream of Spinach Soup
- How to Roast Acorn Squash + Video
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Vegetable Barley Soup