Roasted Acorn Squash is a great addition to your Fall side dish repertoire.
How to Roast Acorn Squash:
Golden fleshed squash ready for your table. Get out of the cold and into your kitchen!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: butter
Prep Time: 7 min
Roast Time: ~ 30 – 40 min
Serves: 2 people
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this episode of “Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie“:
- 1 acorn squash – clean, halved, seeded
- 1 tbsp butter – melted
- salt – I used Drogheria Red Wine Salt Grinder
- pepper – I used Drogheria Organic Black Pepper Grinder
- sprinkle ground nutmeg
- sprinkle ground cinnamon
- sprinkle cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare acorn squash by washing it, cutting it in half and seeding it using a spoon and scraping the sides.. * Tip: Separate, wash, reserve and roast squash seeds for a healthy, tasty snack.
- Place squash halves, skin side down, into a non-stick sprayed baking pan.
- Baste inside squash and on all flesh exposed with melted butter.
- Sprinkle flesh with salt, pepper, ground nutmeg, cinnamon & cayenne pepper, as well as brown sugar.
- Roast in oven for 30 – 40 min, whenever it is fork tender.
Serve alongside a hearty Fall or Winter meal, and you’re good to go.
Roasting acorn squash is easy, hearty and a gives you a healthy side dish for your family.
I hope you enjoy this Squash Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Acorn Squash with Apples & Pears: National Acorn Squash Day
- How to Grill Pumpkin on the BBQ + Video
- How to Roast Squash Seeds
- How to Cook Cream of Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Spicy Caramelized Apples