This Cream of Spinach Soup is quick and easy, plus it is so tasty and is healthier than other versions of creamy soups out there.
Type: Soup Recipe
Serve With: fresh, crusty bread
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 hour
Yield: Approximately 8 servings
- 3 x 300 g packages of frozen spinach – or 3 bundles
- 2 large onions – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 2 1/2 cups ham – small cubes; you may use 1 1/2 cups bacon
- 1 package tofu
- 8 cups chicken stock – you may use water, but it has less flavor
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg – or to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup kefir – or milk; cream can be substituted if need be.
- In a stock pot, heat olive oil on medium heat, and sautee onions until softened.
- Add ham or bacon and brown. Add minced garlic & continue to sautee for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and tofu, and stir for a few minutes.
- Add stock (or water), white wine, lemon juice and spices. Bring up to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender until it’s the texture you desire.
- Add kefir, milk or cream, and stir.
- Adjust seasonings – pepper, salt, nutmeg – and serve.
I hope you enjoy this Spinach Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Have you checked out the Cooking with Kimberly Store?
[tags]spinach soup, cream of spinach soup, healthy spinach soup, healthy cream of spinach soup, kefir, soup recipes, tofu recipes, how to cook soup, how to make soup, spinach recipes[/tags]
- How to Cook Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup with Extra Sharp Cheddar
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Healthy Green Garden Vegetable Soup
- How to Cook Meatball Soup
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Favorite Creamy Mushroom Soup
- How to Cook Kimberly’s “Non-Italian” Minestrone Soup