I just love salmon cakes, tuna cakes, crab cakes, lobster cakes…the list goes on and on…This is a great and quick recipe for a quick lunch, appetizer, or for the main dish at dinnertime. Enjoy! ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: Sour cream, chives and dill.
Prep Time: 5-8 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 6 salmon cakes
- 2 cans salmon – You may use red or pink.
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs – These are Asian style bread crumbs. You may use any crumbs you wish in substituting.
- 1 cup cracker or chip crumbs – Use whatever your favorite cracker is (I use chicken biscuits or potato chips), but you may use anything you like.
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley – ~1 tsp dried
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped dill – ~1 tsp dried ( You may also use dill seeds.)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- * 2 tbsp flax seeds – * optional
- * 1 1/2 tbsp black sesame seeds – * optional; You may use any type of sesame seeds.
- 1 clove garlic – finely minced/crushed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon – If you are using lemon juice from the bottle, only use about 1/4 tsp. You may also use zest, if you like.
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste; use sparingly
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil – for frying pan
- Heat frying pan to medium heat with canola oil in it. * Tip: When you don’t want to add any extra flavor from your oil, use canola or vegetable, as they are relatively tasteless.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, and allow to stand for a few minutes, so that the crumbs can soak up the liquids.
- Form 6 cakes/patties.
- Turn heat down slightly, and pan fry for ~ 5 min on the 1st side, then ~3-4 min on the 2nd side, or until golden brown on both sides. * Tip: Try to only turn patties once, as they are more delicate than a burger patty, for example.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top, and chives and/or dill sprinkled on top.
This one was a winner at our house! Quick, delicious and easy to make! Superb!
I hope you enjoyed this Fish Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]fish, fish cakes, salmon, salmon cakes, appetizer, seafood[/tags]
- How to Cook Crab & Scallop Cakes with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- How to Cook Potato Cakes
- How to Cook Turnip Hash
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Wasabi Crusted Salmon