They remind me of my mother’s cooking with all of their golden deliciousness.
Check out the recipe below to find out how to make potato cakes with a few tips & tricks along the way!
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: Plain Balkan Style Yogurt with fresh herbs or top with sour cream
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 6 large potato cakes
- 4 cups mashed potatoes – Leftover mashed potatoes work perfectly!
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs – Cracker or chip crumbs work well too.
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley or chives – Finely chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper – To taste (hold off on salt if you are using cracker or chip crumbs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, evenly combine all remaining ingredients and knead together.
- Form potato cake patties and place gently into frying pan.
- Pan fry on each side until golden brown – approximately 10 min @ 5 min per side.
- Serve topped with Balkan Style Plain Yogurt or sour cream & fresh herbs for garnish.
I hope you enjoyed this Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]potato cakes, potato cake, potato recipe, how to make potato cakes, potato cakes for breakfast, breakfast recipe, side dish recipe, leftover mashed potatoes, mashed potato recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook Turnip Hash
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes
- How to Cook Crab & Scallop Cakes with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Super Salmon Cakes
- How to Cook Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes + Video