My favorite breakfasts often include leftover mashed potatoes that I can make into potato cakes or potato hash in the morning.
Today, I had the opportunity of using leftover mashed turnip. I love turnip and didn’t realize how perfect it goes for breakfast too.
If you enjoy turnip, you will enjoy this!
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: Plain Balkan Style Yogurt with fresh herbs or top with sour cream, topped with a fried egg
Prep Time: 6 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: Serves 3-4 people
- 4 cups mashed turnip – Please see my Terrific Turnip recipe
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs – Cracker or chip crumbs work well too.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or chives – Finely chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper – To taste (hold off on salt if you are using cracker or chip crumbs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, evenly combine all remaining ingredients and knead together.
- Place entire mixture in frying pan and pan fry on medium-low heat until bottom is golden brown.
- Flip over in sections and rearrange in pan to get some golden brown color.
- Serve topped with Balkan Style Plain Yogurt or sour cream & fresh herbs for garnish and topped with a fried egg.
When I eat breakfast hash, I enjoy to break open my sunny side up or over easy egg and mix it all into the hash. Mmm…
I hope you enjoyed this Turnip Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
- How to Cook Potato Cakes
- How to Cook Spicy Cream Cheese Stuffed Tortilla Rolls
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Super Salmon Cakes
- How to Cook Terrific Mashed Turnip
- How to Cook Sour Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes with Damson Plum Syrup