- Making dinner and forgot to make a side dish?
- Looking for a quick and easy side dish that’s impressive too?
- Need something that’s cost effective?
Try making savory corn cakes pancakes. You almost always have all of the basic ingredients you’ll need, and can dress it up with whatever you like or whatever you have on hand to make something that’s unique and will go with your meal.
Cornmeal, sweet potatoes and the other ingredients are very cost effective and the remainder of the ingredients can be used for a variety of other exciting recipes too.
Quick & easy always helps when making dinner, so try this recipe on for size!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: As a side dish with soup, pasta, meats
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: About 10 corn cakes
- 1/2 sweet potato – cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup red pepper – finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp seeds – chia, hemp, flax or poppy
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- olive oil – for frying pan
- Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) in a mixing bowl. It should be the consistency of pancake batter. * Tip: Don’t be afraid to add either more liquid or flour/cornmeal to make it the consistency of pancake batter.
- Get pan warm on medium heat and coat pan with olive oil.
- With a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan, like you would make pancakes. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the corn cakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, repeat with the rest of the mixture.
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]sweet potato corn cakes, corn cakes, how to make corn cakes, sweet potato and red pepper corn cakes, sweet potato recipes, side dish recipe, easy side dish, quick side dish[/tags]
- How to Cook Southern Style Corn Cakes
- How to Cook Potato Cakes
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob on the BBQ
- How to Cook Crab & Scallop Cakes with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Creamy Corn Casserole