Bringing you some summertime sweetness to your life…
What sounds tastier right now than homemade Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream? Yeah, I don’t know either…
The buttermilk allows you to create a delicious treat that’s low in fat. Buttermilk is actually 1% milk fat, and it tastes tangy, provides creaminess and thickness, without all those extra calories. Yay, us!
I tried to use my brand new Rival Ice Cream Maker to no avail..it didn’t freeze my mixture at all, despite following the directions. 🙁
That’s okay though, we went basic on them, and froze that in the freezer, being sure to stir frequently to avoid larger ice crystals.
Voila…a delicious treat just in time for my birthday too.
* Tip: Use 1/4 tsp xantham gum for low-fat ice creams to help thicken them without the fat.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: a spoon 😉
Prep Time: 5 min
Freezing Time: may vary
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups half & half
- 1 cup strawberry jam – I used freezer jam
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 dashes sea salt
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk, half & half, strawberry jam, vanilla extract, honey, sea salt, and xanthan gum. Whisk well.
- Into the ice cream maker, slowly pour the mixture and churn well.
- Transfer into an airtight container and freeze overnight, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Dessert Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: National Sundae Day
- How to Make Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake + Video
- How to Bake Strawberry Banana Bread + Video
- How to Bake Plum & Apple Cobbler
- How to Make Incredible Ice Cream