Fruit cobblers are great options for a freshly baked dessert in under 1 hour.
Cobbler is an American Southern-style recipe that is marvelous with peaches, cherries or any fruit I’ve tried it with.
Served over ice cream, this sweet treat will be something the whole family will love, Summer or Winter.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: ice cream, if desired
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 25 min
- 2 cups plums – pitted, halved or quartered
- 1 apple – sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter in the bottom of a baking pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder & salt in a mixing bowl.
- Spread fruit on the bottom of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, vanilla extract & then combine with dry ingredients.
- Spoon dollops of batter over top of fruit to cover as best you can. It’s alright if there are some holes, as the dough will expand.
- Reduce heat of oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 25 – 30 min, or until golden brown & a toothpick or a knife comes out clean.
Serve hot or warm with ice cream, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this Plum Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Bake Blueberry Burst Muffins
- How to Bake Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins
- How to Bake Easy Bread Rhubarb Apple Cobbler
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze