Type: Appetizer Recipe
Serve With: Sour cream topped with chives
Prep Time: 8-10 min
Cook Time: ~ 10 min
Yield: Serves 2, double for 4…
- 1 pkg cream cheese – softened
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese – I prefer old, sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers or pimentos – chopped
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 3/4 tbsp olive oil
- Lightly coat a large, heavy frying pan with ~ 1/2 tbsp olive oil and heat on medium-low heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently combine softened cream cheese, heavy cream, green onion, onion powder, grated cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and roasted red peppers or pimentos until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- When frying pan is warm, place 1 tortilla in pan and heat for approximately 1 min/side. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with 2nd tortilla.
- Turn frying pan up to medium heat and add 1/4 tbsp olive oil.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture all over one tortilla. Stack 2nd tortilla on top and spread rest of cream cheese mixture all over tortilla. * Tip: Whole wheat tortillas work very well with this recipe!
- Roll tightly with cream cheese side in.
- Gently place tortilla roll into pan and grill on all sides until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from pan and slice diagonally into 8 pieces.
- Serve with sour cream topped with chives and Enjoy!
These are rich and filling…Absolutely delicious…You’ll crave them…
I think they’d go perfect with Green Beer on St. Patty’s…LOL
I hope you enjoy this Tex-Mex Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Love Tex-Mex? Grab yourself a great cookbook here:
[tags]cream cheese, creamed cheese, tortillas, appetizer, spicy, tortilla rolls, Tex-Mex recipe, St. Patrick’s Day, vegetarian recipe[tags]
- How to Cook Tomato, Ham & Cheese Quesadillas
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla
- How to Bake Savory Mole Breakfast Bread Pudding (Mole Man-Quiche)
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos
- How to Cook Caramelized Onions