We dig up our potatoes mostly in September and cut them into thin slices and create a beautiful window with them…
We put some parsley in between, so that you can see it between the slices and voila! It’s like a stained glass window, well a potato window!
These Stained Glass Potatoes are usually served alongside tiny, baby carrots.
What a winner with adults & children alike. After all, who doesn’t love potato chips. A little remolade would also be a perfect accompaniment.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: baby carrots & other colorful vegetables
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 4-5 min per side
- potatoes – thinly sliced
- fresh Italian parsley
- butter – softened
- sea salt – to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- flax seeds – optional
- Slice potatoes into very thin slices.
- Butter up the slices with soft butter and a basting brush.
- Between every 2 pieces, like sandwiches, place a sprig of fresh parsley.
- Grill or fry these sets of 2 slices til golden and delicious.
- Sprinkle with a few flax or other seeds, salt & pepper.
Serve alongside fresh, colorful veggies and you have something wonderful.
I could, and will go on and on over a series of Fall appetizer blog posts. Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to Cook Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- How to Cook Potato Cakes
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes