I am using a brown rice stuffing for my chicken, containing lemon, ginger and sweet potato, then slathering the bird with my Pear Vinaigrette to add some more complexity to the flavors.
How to Cook Pear Vinaigrette Roasted Whole Chicken:
The vinaigrette, which I made myself, contains pear vinegar, rice bran oil and whole grain mustard.
I have prepared a Lemon Ginger Brown Rice Stuffing for Poultry with sweet potato ahead of time, but you can use any stuffing of your choice.
I like to roast my poultry breast side down so the juices run down into the breast area, keeping the cooked breast moist and juicy, while still still getting plenty of crispy, golden brown skin.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
Pear Vinaigrette Ingredients:
A 4:1 ratio of oil to vinegar is what’s necessary for this vinaigrette. Make as much as you would like, and even save some for a great salad. You may optionally use 1 crushed clove garlic in this vinaigrette.
- pear vinegar – I used Vilux Pear Vinegar.
- rice bran oil – I used Epicureal Rice Bran Oil.
- 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- sea salt – to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- pinch red chili flakes – if desired
Pear Vinaigrette Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl or shake up in a jar with a secure lid.
- Serve as a salad dressing or as a basting liquid for poultry.
- 1 whole chicken – stuffed
- 1/2 tsp salt – I used Drogheria Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- stuffing – of your choice
- prepared pear vinaigrette – recipe below
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and pat dry chicken. Slather entire chicken on all sides, including inside, with prepared pear vinaigrette.
- Spray a roasting pan with non-stick spray. Place chicken into roasting pan.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Be sure to season the inside of the bird too.
- Stuff the bird generously with a stuffing of your choice. Close the chicken cavity with half an apple, lemon, orange or potato or skewer it shut to keep moisture in and so stuffing doesn’t fall out during cooking.
- Place chicken breast-side-down in roasting pan, and roast in the oven at 425 degrees F for 10 min, when the chicken will have begun to brown. Make an aluminum foil tent to cover top of bird loosely, to prevent burning, and reduce heat to 365 degrees F for 50 min or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced, or when a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, remove stuffing and allow chicken to rest a few minutes before cutting into it.
This recipe for How to Cook Pear Vinaigrette Roasted Whole Chicken is a real winner, full of flavor and amazingly delicious.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Prepare a Turkey for Roasting + Video
- How to Cook Cardamom Roasted Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Roast a Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Roast a Pheasant: National Roast Pheasant Day
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Whole Chicken + Video