…That’s right! 20 minutes…full of flavor and not a long list of ingredients.
The video is an episode of “Qualifirst Cooking with Kimberly“. Be sure to Subscribe today!
Today, I’m using these amazing Royal Command Fire Roasted Piquillo Peppers that bring this soup to a level of yumminess you won’t soon forget, and you’ll too soon crave!
- You can find these and other fine foods online at Qualifirst Foods
Type: Soup Recipe
Serve With: drizzled with olive oil, chopped cilantro & thinly sliced piquillo peppers, and some fresh, crusty bread
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: Serves 3
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 cup drained whole piquillo peppers + 1/4 cup cut into thin strips – I use Royal Command Fire Roasted Piquillo Peppers from Qualifirst.com
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded chicken – rotisserie, roasted, baked, boiled
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 3/4 cups hummus – Here’s my Hummus from Heaven Recipe with Video
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro – chopped
- 1 tsp hot sauce – I use Sriracha Sauce
- drizzle olive oil – to serve
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Using a food processor, add whole piquillo peppers, chicken stock and hummus. Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer this mixture to a pot on your stove, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and hot sauce, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Return to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with a fruity olive oil, chopped cilantro, thinly sliced piquillo peppers, and more hot sauce on the side for anyone to spice it up to their liking.
I hope you enjoy this Quick Meal on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Smoked Paprika, Piquillo Pepper & Tomato Soup
- How to Cook Piquillo Pepper & Beef Tostadas + Video
- Web Chef Review: Royal Command Fire Roasted Piquillo Peppers
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Pepper, Ham & Cheese Omelet
- How to Cook Spicy Thai Ginger Coconut Chicken Soup