Tostadas are a great Mexican or Tex-Mex, depending on how you look at it, meal.
They are messy, but they are fun. The best part? They are ridiculously quick, inexpensive & easy to make!
What I’m shocked at is that I haven’t published a tostada recipe on the site before…Who knew? We make these bad boys all the time…Now, you can too.
So, let’s get something tasty into your systems, and learn how to cook Tostadas!
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve with: topped with fresh shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes & shredded cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 min
Yield: 5 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Roasted Piquillo Peppers
- 1/2 green pepper – sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash oregano
- red chili flakes – to taste
- 3 dashes Sriracha Sauce
- freshly cracked black pepper
- tostada shells – as many as you require
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro – chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded/sliced lettuce
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat on the stove.
- Add the ground beef and sauté for a few minutes.
- Season with black pepper, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, chilli flakes, cumin, cinnamon, instant coffee and oregano. * Tip: If you are using beef that’s not lean, and there is excess fat in the meat rendered during cooking, drain off the excess before adding seasonings.
- Continue to sauté until the beef is fully browned.
- In another pan, heat 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat.
- Put the green bell pepper slices and season with 1 pinch cayenne pepper, chilli flakes and black pepper.
- Saute till the peppers are tender. Add the piquillo peppers and continue to cook till they are soft.
- Bake the tostadas in the preheated oven till they are heated through and crisp.
- In a plate, place the crisp tostada shell.
- Spread warm beef over it and sprinkle cheese.
- Put the cooked bell pepper and piquillo peppers on top.
- Add the cilantro on it and spread iceberg lettuce as the top most layer.
- Repeat this with as many tostada shells as required.
- On the plate, drizzle some Sriracha sauce & garnish with some sour cream, if desired. Serve!
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Beef & Pulled Pork Mexican Lasagna: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos
- How to Cook Chickpea, Piquillo Pepper & Shredded Chicken Soup
- How to Cook Mexican Quinoa Salad: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Sentationally Stuffed Peppers with Chevre