It tastes so fabulously complex, is a vegetarian recipe, and it’s quick and easy to make at home.
Try this recipe because I’ve been told it’s Hummus from Heaven…LOL
Just delicious! Great as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres…Lovely!
* The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 1 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans – canned, or dried & cooked; ~ 1 can
- 1-2 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan style.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic – finely minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients, or use a masher to mash and then mix with a spoon.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grilled pita or naan and Enjoy!
I love hummus…This is a great recipe!
I hope you enjoy this Bean Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]chickpeas, garbanzo beans, beans, Mediterranean, hummus, vegetarian recipe, vegan recipe, Indian cuisine, dip, low calorie, healthy recipe, appetizer[/tags]
- How to Cook Moroccan Chickpea Soup
- How to Cook Quick & Easy Fried Pitas
- How to Make Roasted Chickpeas (Leblebi)
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter
- How to Cook Chickpea, Piquillo Pepper & Shredded Chicken Soup