If you don’t know how to make an omelet, it is one of the most versatile breakfast recipes there is because you can vary the ingredients so much!
Today, I’m showing you all How to Cook a Mushroom, Green Pepper, Ham & Cheese Omelet.
Shout out goes to my girls from Alpha Beta Pie – This show is an episode of “Cooking Like Alpha Beta Pie with Kimberly Edwards”.
This is a great way to beat a hangover on the weekend, start a weekday off right, or serve for a fancy brunch on Sundays…
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: freshly chopped cilantro or parsley sprinkled on top, hot sauce on the side
Prep Time: 8 mins
Bake Time: 15 mins
Yield: 3 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 6 eggs
- 2 splashes milk – roughly 1/4 cup
- 1 cup cheese – grated
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 2 large mushrooms or 4 smaller – thinly sliced
- 1/3 green pepper – chopped
- 2-4 tbsp bacon grease and/or butter
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste; I used fleur de sel today.
- 2-3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Preheat 2 frying pans with bacon grease or butter on medium heat.
- Slice & chop mushrooms, green peppers and ham.
- In one frying pan on medium heat, saute mushrooms & green peppers with freshly cracked black pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add ham and continue to saute until vegetables are softened.
- Crack eggs into a bowl to ensure no egg shells fall in.
- Add eggs, 2 splashes of milk, with freshly cracked black pepper & sea salt (I used fleur de sel today.) to a blender. Blend on highest speed for 1-2 minutes or until eggs have expanded in volume and are frothy.
- Add egg mixture to large, preheated frying pan with bacon grease or butter on medium low heat. Cover frying pan with large lid to hold in steam.
- When eggs have firmed up approximately 1/2 of the way up through the egg mixture in the frying pan, with some frothy liquid on top, arrange green peppers, mushrooms, ham, cheese and cayenne pepper on one half of the omelet. Return lid to cover omelet in pan.
- Once it has firmed just past about 3/4 done, you are going to flip one side of the omelet into the middle of the pan, covering the center. You will then repeat the same thing on the opposite side, bringing both edges over to cover the middle. Now, flip the omelet upside down, so that the open seam is on the underside of the omelet touching the pan.
- Continue to cook in the pan for an additional 1-2 minutes to ensure the center cooks through, and serve sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro, and hot sauce on the side.
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Bean & Cheese Frittata for Breakfast
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Healthy Green Garden Vegetable Soup
- How to Make Pre-Spring Salad
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla
- How to Cook End-of-Summer Pasta Primavera with Shrimp