The flavor combination of this Spicy Thai Ginger Coconut Chicken Soup is absolutely divine.
Spicy Thai Ginger Coconut Chicken Soup:
Since I loved it so much, my family adapted a recipe that we can now make at home and it’s so good! Yum!
Type: Soup Recipe
Serve With: freshly chopped cilantro for garnish & wedges of lime
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Yield: 6 bowls
- 3 chicken breasts – boneless, skinless, 1 inch cubed
- 7 cups chicken stock – or stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp ginger – freshly grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice – freshly squeezed; please don’t use lime juice from a bottle.
- sea salt – to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- Pour all liquids and spices in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- While waiting, cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Once liquids boil, add chicken breast and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Tip: Be careful when adding chicken breast, as the liquid is very hot and could splash you and burn your skin.
- Check to make sure chicken is cooked through by picking out one piece and cutting it open.
- Serve soup in beautiful bowls with chopped cilantro on top for garnish.
The grated ginger gives it an interesting texture and is a little bit crunchy – awesome flavor! Plus, the more cilantro, the better, in my opinion.
We love this spicy Thai soup so much that we cook it often!
- How to BBQ Spicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers + Video
- How to Cook Chickpea, Piquillo Pepper & Shredded Chicken Soup
- Web Chef Review: Itt’s Thai Restaurant – St. Catharines, ON
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 7
- How to Cook Cilantro & Lime Tuna Melts: Cupboard Cooking