My sister, Rose, was a phenomenal home chef and baker.
I was perusing through some of my recipes I have saved, and came across this one of hers that is such a winner, and that I hadn’t baked in a long while.
So, here is a superb recipe for pecan cookies…
I can remember how these cookies tasted when she made them. Rose always seemed to just have the knack for baking and cooking alike with a real charm and flair. ~ Ingrid Turner
Type: Cookie Recipe
Serve with: coffee or tea
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 30 min
Serves: 4 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter – creamed
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup pecans – ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar with a hand mixer or mix master.
- Sift dry ingredients into another bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter mixture.
- Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Using a fork, squish them down slightly to make a cookie shape.
- Bake for 30 min on 300 degrees F, or until golden brown.
- When baked, take out of oven. Take cookies off cookie sheets and place on cooling racks to sprinkle with icing sugar or directly into confectioners sugar.
- Then, carefully put cookies back onto cookie sheets and bake in oven for an additional 1 min.
- Cool & serve.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Baking Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National Pecan Cookie Day: Recipe of Nostalgia
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Bake Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- How to Bake Ingrid’s Peanut Butter Cookies: National Cookie Month
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day