Are you “nuts about baking” cookies, cakes and breads? Good news, we’re celebrating National Pecan Cookie Day!
Ah, yes…Pecans, like most nuts, are high in fats and protein. Their oils carry nutrients & flavor, and that’s why they are so very delicious.
Sometimes recipes indicated that nuts are optional, meaning that the recipe will be okay if you don’t add nuts, but will be fabulous if you do add them.
Proper storage of nuts is important. They should be kept in a cool, dark, dry place, or in your freezer. Rancid nuts are no treat, and considering their cost, it is worth storing them properly.
A very nice recipe I have for pecan cookies from my sister. I can remember how these cookies tasted when she made them. Rose always seemed to just have the knack to baking and cooking alike with a real charm and flair.
Type: Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter – creamed
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup pecans – ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar with a hand mixer or mixmaster.
- Sift dry ingredients into another bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter mixture.
- Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Using a fork, squish them down slightly to make a cookie shape.
- Bake for 30 min on 300 degrees F, or until golden brown.
- When baked, take out of oven. Take cookies off cookie sheets and place on cooling racks to sprinkle with icing sugar or directly into confectioners sugar.
- Then, carefully put cookies back onto cookie sheets and bake in oven for an additional 1 min.
- Cool & serve.
So, celebrate this National Pecan Cookie Day with this recipe & a smile.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Cookie Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Rose’s Pecan Cookies
- It’s National Pecan Sandies Day: Here’s the Recipe
- How to Bake Pecan Pie: Georgia Pecan Month
- How to Bake Ingrid’s Peanut Butter Cookies: National Cookie Month
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies