The perfect peanut butter cookie is chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outer edges and perfect when warm with a glass of milk.
If this is your idea of delicious, then this is the peanut butter cookie recipe for you!
It was our late-night pb snack last night…
Type: Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter – softened/room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – smooth or crunchy
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk or beat/cream the butter & oil for 2 minutes until it’s completely smooth and slightly lightened in color.
- Add sugars and continue to mix for 2 minutes.
- Add beaten egg and peanut butter and continue to mix for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients left – flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Add to wet mixture bowl slowly while incorporating until it comes together into a ball. * Tip: It doesn’t have to be compact – I prefer it when it’s light and just barely combined.
- Onto a non-stick cookie sheet, place 12 balls that are roughly 2″ in diameter. * Tip: You may have to squeeze the dough together for it to completely combine and stick together enough to roll into a ball.
- Take a large-tined fork and make 2 impressions on cookie ball in a criss-cross pattern. This will flatten the ball into a cookie shape.
- Bake on 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown on edges – start checking @ 8 minutes.
- Remove sheets from oven and allow to sit for 1 minute. Then, take a flipper and remove the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm with a glass of cold milk!
These disappeared quickly last night! Wow…
I hope you enjoyed this How to Bake post on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies recipe, how to bake cookies, perfect peanut butter cookies, pb cookies, peanut butter recipes, how to bake, cookie recipe, cookies[/tags]
- How to Make Peanut Butter Snowballs
- How to Bake Ingrid’s Peanut Butter Cookies: National Cookie Month
- How to Bake Rose’s Pecan Cookies
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- National Pecan Cookie Day: Recipe of Nostalgia