Serve With: Nothing…It’s perfect all by itself!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr, 40 min
Yield: 9 x 13′ casserole dish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease baking dish with butter.
3. Thinly slice potatoes and place in bottom of baking dish and lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. Layer with thinly sliced onions, then carrots and lightly season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle rice evenly over top, then peas.
* Tip: If using fresh or frozen peas, add 2/3 cup water now to layers.
6. Evenly spread ground beef or pork on top of layers.
7. Dilute 1 can tomato soup with 1 cup water in a bowl, and pour over top of entire dish.
8. Bake for 50 min at 325 degrees, then cover and bake for an additional 50 min.
9. Uncover, serve and Enjoy!
Oooh…This is so awesome…Very filling, very tasty, and very easy to make too!
I hope you enjoyed this German Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Check out this great German Cookbook to help you start making Authentic German Food at home:
- How to Cook Heavenly Breakfast Hash
- How to Cook Mennonite Style Borscht
- How to Cook Brown Rice with Lentils: Cupboard Cooking
- Pappardelle with Oxtail in Light Stewed Tomato Sauce – What Did Kimberly Eat?
- How to Cook Brown Rice with Crimini Mushrooms