Tonight, I needed something really tasty and different for dinner – I was bored, so Caribbean Style Rainbow Trout sounded perfect!
Caribbean Style Rainbow Trout:
Try out this fabulous Caribbean Style Rainbow Trout! You’ll be so glad you did!
Type: Fish Recipe
Serve With: Rice & peas, or vegetables and lime slices
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 12-15 min
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 large filet Rainbow Trout
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime’s juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder – I prefer roasted garlic powder
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium low heat with coconut oil.
- Rinse fish filet under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Score just the skin side of the filet with a very sharp knife along the entire length of the filet (about or 5 cuts); do not cut deep into the flesh. This is so that when the skin side of the fish gets seared, the filet doesn’t curl up in the pan.
- Season flesh side of filet with spices.
- Mix 1/2 lime’s juice into mayonnaise and coat flesh side of filet (not skin side) with the mayonnaise.
- Place the fish, flesh side down, into the preheated frying pan and sear for approximately 5 minutes.
- Gently flip the filet over and allow to sear for about 3 minutes.
- Add butter, pineapple chunks, grated ginger, 1/2 lime’s juice, honey or agave nectar and evenly spread out on each side of filet. Sautee in pan for an addition 4-5 mins – add 1-2 tbsp Malibu Rum, if desired. Season to taste with pepper and more cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Serve with rice, rice and peas or vegetables & enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Playlist: Fish Recipes + Reviews
- How to Make Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise + Video
- How to Cook the Best Tandoori Chicken Wings
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo + Video
- How to Cook Savory Sauteed Papaya