Yes, you can grow your very own gourmet mushrooms at home over and over again.
Mushroom patches can be started by logs already prepared or with kits you purchase.
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love mushrooms and try to figure out ways to incorporate them into dishes all the time. They’re so healthy for your immune system!
However, I find that my frequent shopping trips to the grocer can prove to be expensive when buying gourmet mushrooms.
These are marvelous gifts for food lovers, especially at Christmas, and you can keep growing mushrooms over and over again…
Here’s the list of 14 different Gourmet Mushrooms you can start growing in your home or outdoors, if preferred:
- One 9-10″ Shiitake Mushroom Log – $19.95
- Two Large 14-15″ Shiitake Mushroom Logs with Soaking Trays (w/ Cookbook) – $65.50 – great value
- Morel Mushroom Patch Kit – $29.95
- Enokitake Mushroom Kit – $24.00
- Oyster Mushroom Kit – $20.00
- Maitake Mushroom Patch Kit – $29.95
- Pioppino Mushroom Patch Kit – $27.00
- Nameko Mushroom Patch Kit – $24.00
- Reishi Mushroom Kit – $24.00 – considered a “super-food” – (Check out my post: Health Benefits of Reishi Mushrooms)
- Blue Oyster Mushroom Kit – $18.95
- Turkey Tail Mushroom Garden Patch – $28.00
- Chicken-of-the-Woods Mushroom Kit – $18.95 – looks like a chicken face! LOL
- Conifer Coral Mushrooms Kit – $18.95
- King Tuber Mushroom Kit – $18.00
- Portabella Mushroom Kit – $39.95
My list could go on and on, but I chose mushrooms that are more common or just simply really neat to share with you!
Get those stocking stuffers now. (Only a foodie could appreciate getting a log for Christmas. LOL)
I hope you enjoyed this Mushroom Information on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Subscribing to Cooking With Kimberly is a Delicious Idea!!!
[tags]mushrooms, mushroom logs, mushroom kits, mushroom patch, how to grow mushrooms, growing mushrooms, grow mushrooms at home, foodie gifts[/tags]
- How to Cook with Dried Mushrooms for Recipes
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Mushrooms
- The Coolest Foodie Return Address Labels
- At What Age Did You Become Interested in Cooking?
- CookingWithKimberly.com Brings You Cooking & Food News