Not only am I going to tear up some of that Homemade Lemonade I showed you how to make earlier, but I’m going to make some Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Chicken & Tomato.
This will provide me with more “substance” after my workout, as well as more protein in the chicken.
Making grilled cheese sandwiches are mostly all the same in technique, but the additions you can use to make your sandwiches even more delicious will keep you coming back for more.
Try using different types of cheeses, breads and other ingredients, including spices to make each grilled cheese your very own special creation.
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 2 pieces bread
- 2 slices cheese or about 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken – or 2 slices deli meat
- sprinkle onion powder
- sprinkle garlic powder
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium low heat.
- Prepare your bread by buttering one of the outside, flat surfaces of each piece of bread with softened butter. Place on plate or counter with non-buttered side down. Then place piece of bread from other half of sandwich with buttered side down, so that both buttered sides are touching.
- Evenly spread grated cheese or cheese slices on bread, place sliced tomato and shredded chicken evenly. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder and freshly cracked black pepper, as desired.
- Place one piece of bread from each sandwich, butter side down into frying pan.
- After approximately 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom side, flip over gently with a spatula and allow to get golden brown on bottom side as well.
- Remove from pan, slice and serve.
Serve with lemonade, iced tea or milk, and pickles on the side! Yummy!
I hope you enjoy this How to Cook Video on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Vegemite and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- How to Make Club Sandwiches: National Sandwich Day
- How to Make Grilled Honey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
- ‘Tis National Fluffernutter Day: What are Fluffernutters?
- Web Chef Review: Atlanta Bread Company – Atlanta, GA Airport