Cool Indian Kitchen Finds
I love bringing home different cultural elements into my globally diverse kitchen!
As you know, I love cooking foods from many, many cuisines from around the world…
…That’s what makes cooking exciting to me.
Now, when I’m preparing something Asian, I like to present it with a great pair of chopsticks and cook it in a wok!
That’s what gets you that authentic flavor and feeling to the food. It’s like traveling to a different country everytime you get in that kitchen.
Indian food is one of my very favorite foods to eat and cuisine to cook.
I found a great website called CulturalElements.com where you can get Indian Home Decor, as well as from other regions in the world.
The broad category of home decor includes anything in your home that you use to decorate with. However, guess what my favorite kind of home decor is…
…Decorating the kitchen and dining area with great pieces from around the world.
I found a super Indian Steel Masala Box here that I’m “jonesing” for!
Granted, you can put more than 7 ingredients in a Garam Masala, depending on your tastes, but you certainly will use these 7, in my opinion:
- Black & /or white peppercorns
- Cumin seeds and/or black cumin
- Cardamum pods/powder
- Coriander seeds/powder
* I also use bay leaves, but wouldn’t need to throw them in this container, as I already have a large container – Bay leaves are a real staple for many cuisines that give your food that “je ne sais quoi”!
Other great ideas for Garam Masala include:
- Star anise
- Long pepper (pippali)
- Chillies or powder
- Mustard seed/ground mustard
So, depending upon what region of India you’re from, no doubt, you have your own idea of what Garam Masala means to you.
Whenever you’re cooking Indian, take out this great spice container with exactly what you’ll need! Awesome!
I hope you enjoyed this Indian Cuisine post on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Get your Cooking With Kimberly Updates Hot Out of the Kitchen!
[tags]Indian home decor, home decor, garam masala, Indian cuisine, Indian food, Indian steel masala box, masala box, Cultural Elements[/tags]
- Swedish Food Favorites?
- How to Cook the Best Tandoori Chicken Wings
- Web Chef Review: Vilux Extra Strong Dijon Mustard
- Web Chef Review: Camp 31 Smoked Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
- How to Cook Sumptuous Dishes of the Caribbean